Graduate Forms

Graduate Forms

Below, you will find our collection of forms. The forms are broken down into sections, and have short descriptions for each listed. If you have any questions about the forms or which forms you may need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Form NameDescription


Understanding the I-20 Housing Application
Certificate of Financial Responsiblity Documentation necessary to show financial responsibility prior to obtaining an I-20.
International Graduate Student Checklist Checklist to ensure your transition to NMT as an international student is smooth. 
Housing Application Apply for on campus housing.

First Time Students

Undergraduate to Graduate Course Transfer Form Uncounted Tech graduate courses taken as an undergrad may be eligible to be used towards your graduate degree.
Five Year BS/MS Shared Credit Form Five Year BS/MS students can use up to three credits towards both their undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Transfer Credit Request to transfer up to 12 credits of qualified coursework taken at a university; student must certify that credits have not been used toward a degree; upper-division credits with grade of B or above. Required supporting documents are listed on the form.

Beginning of the Semester Forms

Registration and Changes in Registration Forms for registration and other general (not graduate specific) forms.
Lower Level Class Approval Request for permission to register for a class (not for the 13th credit).  

Current Students

Graduate Minor Course Program Document the completion of program requirements for Graduate Minors
Report of the Graduate Certificate Advisor Document the completion of program requirements for Graduate Certificates
Report of the Professional Masters Degree  Document the completion of professional masters degrees. (Fillable MS Word document)
Report of the Masters Degree Advisory Committee (M.S. Course Program): Document the completion of program requirements for Masters Degrees.
Report of the Ph.D. Advisory Committee Document the completion of program requirements for Ph.D. Degrees. A list of courses used to satisfy degree requirements must be initialed by committee and attached.
Grade Extension Form Contract between an instructor and student to document deliverables and timing for improving a grade (must be in graduate office within one week of the end of the semester).
Extension of Time to Complete Degree Request an extension beyond the limits for completion of a degree or support.

Students Nearing Completion

Three Credit Option Form Form for registering for 3 credits (reduced full time registration) for the last semester when a student has met all course/credit requirements and has only to finish their thesis or dissertation.
Masters Thesis Signature Form Insert in your digital thesis for submission to ProQuest. Type the names of your committee members above the lines, and insert this page immediately before Chapter 1 of your thesis.
Ph.D. Dissertation Signature Form Insert in your digital dissertation for submission to ProQuest. Type the names of your committee members above the lines, and insert this page immediately before Chapter 1 of your dissertation.
NMT Copyright Agreement Copyright Agreement must be submitted with a thesis or dissertation before completion. Please note that students must obtain permissions for use of all copyrighted or proprietary material. These permissions must be submitted to the student's Academic Advisor at the time of the defense. The permissions must also be submitted to the Center for Graduate Studies with the Copyright Agreement form. (updated 10/14/15)

Withdrawal And Readmission

Graduate Withdrawal Form Request withdrawal from a graduate program. You must have withdrawn from all courses via the Registrar before you may submit this form.
Withdrawal Without Prejudice Form Special withdrawal from a class for a student unable to satisfy course requirements due to extreme circumstances.
Readmission Contract Contract between student and department outlining academic performance expectation for readmission as a regular degree-seeking student following suspension. Required for all suspended international students.
Readmission Form Graduate students must apply for readmission if they have not been enrolled for one semester, excluding summer sessions (twelve months for Distance Education students).


Faculty forms can be found at the Faculty and Staff Information Page.